Sunday, May 23, 2010

Record Lows...


There were two record lows set this weekend, 14 in Truckee on Saturday, and 18 last night. What a bummer, we have such a short Summer up here and for Winter to be lingering just sucks, not to mention the fact that my family was in town this weekend and we really didn't even get to go outside much. The good news is the cold weather has put the river back in great shape, vis and flows are good and should remain good all week. I took out Elliot for a few casts this evening and landed a nice bow on a d.d. streamer.

2 comments:

Chris Scott said...

d.d. streamer? Need a picture. The weather was shitty here too. Stormin' all day yesterday, snow, rain, sleet, and grapple. Today was pretty nice though, spent the day preparing my garden, hope to plant things next week with warmer weather. My Dad and I hit up the Madison last weekend for the opener of the upper section. Pretty good fishing, not much hatching though, getting them on small nymphs. We are now in run off stage on the Yellowstone and Gallatin. Time to hit up the tail waters or spring creeks. Plan to fish the Firehole next weekend for the opener, hope to try out my new fiberglass 3 wt. with some dries. PMDs most likely.

Chris Scott said...

I think I got it. Dead Drift Streamer?


Followers