Friday, May 14, 2010

Brown Town.



After a long day and night driving to Berkeley in my old ass truck to do a presentation at the Grizzly Peak Fly Fishers on the Truckee River (by the way one of the raddest clubs I've spoken at, they drink beer, wine, eat food, awesome) I was not expecting to much from the river today, or myself for that matter. If I told you how many big Browns I hooked today you would not believe me. I only landed two, but had one on that was honestly the biggest Brown I've seen on the Truckee, or hooked into. I tossed my rig up along a bank where last year we saw a huge Brown holding as we floated by in the boat and today this dude took a look at my dry and then decided on the dropper. It peeled off about a 100ft of line in about 10 seconds and then he came un-buttoned. I really don't get bummed when I loose fish, but this fish would have been made into a wood replica. These fish today where red hot even with my fast 5wt I felt under gunned. I will catch and land his ass later, so more to come...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nice. was thinking about driving up tomorrow, you might have just convinced me...

Idaho Fisherman 29 said...

Fishing around the new moon always seems to yield better results, do you agree?

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

I don't buy into that jargon unless of course a client dosen't do well then I blame in on the moon.


Followers