Friday, November 5, 2010

November Always seems to be a Little Melancholy.



November for Trout fishers is a little melancholy if you live in the Mountains. The Cottonwoods are deeply golden and are devoid of most leaves. The rivers get low and the crowds are gone. You know Winter is looming. Though most of us fish in the Winter it's still not the same as fishing big drys or nymphs, compared to tiny little Midges. November is still a good month to fish depending on how long the weather holds out. In November, I usually go out and fish the spots that I couldn't because I was guiding all Summer, or afraid that I would stick the fish that one of my clients could catch. Now, at least for me, is the time to go out and just enjoy being on the river along with my dog Elliot before the first big Winter storms. Oh, and by the way, the fishing is still pretty good.

No comments:


Followers