Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Transition Time.



With the last recent cold front it is that time of year again when fish transition from their late Summer, Fall holding lies, into their Winter holding lies. The water temp was at 51 degrees before the last storm and now a chilly 46 degrees. While 46 degrees doesn't seem bad, that is at the warmest time of the day. I'm sure it is much colder in the early morning hours. Right now it seems as if the fish don't know what to do. In the last week the water has risen, then lowered, and got cold. This time of year fish like the soft inside seams of runs and pools. You might have to lighten up the tippet a little and fish a little more methodically. Fish will still eat your flies though. Here's a few photo's from the last few days.

2 comments:

Steve Lynch said...

Matt,
Thanks for the updated posts. I am looking forward to getting up there. If you are fishing this weekend maybe I will see you out there.

Steve Lynch

Crazy Uncle Larry said...

I got my new Transitions Lenses in my Smiths.


Followers