Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Sometimes it Just Ain't Trout Fishing Weather.


We just received several feet of snow in Hirschdale, elevation 5,500 feet. I'm sure they got 4-5 feet by now at lake level. I can't remember this much snow so early in the year. When I worked at Boreal during the 94-95 season (yeah, I'm old)I remember it dumped before Thanksgiving and never did stop that year. We need this snow. The fish love it. This last Summer was epic with all the high water. Go enjoy the pow right now until some spots get plowed out where you can actually park and get to the river. Bring some snowshoes because you will need them. I like to drink beer, run the snow blower, and tie flies on days like these. Sometimes it just ain't trout fishing weather.

3 comments:

Josh Bergan said...

True that. Same story here in Belgrade, Mont. Still holding out hope Friday will be just warm enough to fish, tho.

rm said...

dust off that snowboard gill!!

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

Hey Josh, really like your blog by the way. You live in Belgrade? We get a shit ton of snow in Tahoe, but we don't get the really cold temps you get out there. Next Fall let's go get a beer when I'm in town. Yo Ryan...Don't want to mess up my board on a 1080. Could be worth some money some day.


Followers