Monday, November 15, 2010

A Strange Coincidence?


I was out tinkering with the new Rio Switch line today (which by the way is the best line I've found yet for nymphing with a Switch Rod) when across a far seam the ole indo went down. When I landed this nice male Rainbow we had an incredible kipe on his lower jaw just like a fish I caught two years ago near the same run. It had to be the same fish. It was good to see him again nice and fat and a few inches longer. I might have hooked some more nice fish, but as I was trying to land that fish I fell in and then realised Elliot had rolled around in a dead dear carcass. About the fishing...I've had a few people call lately and what I tell them is that yes, you could catch some big fish on warmer days, like today for instance. You want to fish at the warmest times of the day. You might do well and you might not. You might just catch Whitefish all day. Is it as good as it is in Spring, Summer, Fall, no, but it's still fun to be out there. Winter fishing is much different than other times of the year and you need to adjust you tactics accordingly.

2 comments:

Borderfly said...

Can you explain the different tatics needed for winter fishing?

KC

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

I have a post from December of last year. Just go down the blog to 2009, December, cheers...


Followers