Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Uncle Larry



Uncle Larry is a poet, angler, hunter, cyclist; an all around Renaissance man so to speak. It's been awhile since I fished with him. When I first met him on the river he was wearing an old pair of Vans as wading boots. Needless to say he doesn't take himself to seriously when he fishes. That's why we like to fish together. Some days he spends most of the time holding the net. Larry is into writing and just finished a book of poetry. He is in touch with nature and all that surrounds him. He also is a stack mending fool as in the photo above. As Larry would say, today the sun shined on my back as I lay down a cast, the doves flew by, trout swam in the currents below me as my san juan worm dead drifted hopelessly awaiting the feel of the silver ghost. Larry's blog is bikes fish and freedom, check it out.

http://bikesandfish.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Chris Scott said...

About time you took Larry fishing. I hope you got him into fish. What is up with the weather there. I don't see a cloud in the sky. So did Larry share his Chelada with you?

Crazy Uncle Larry said...

Was a fun day, at least we didn't get blanked and found America's Next Top Run. Send you those pics tomorrow.
Chris - No Chelada, sober wagon. I think of you at the boat ramp on the Madison at 7 in the AM every time I touch one. Weather's good, a little too good. How's that elk tasting?

The Good said...

I think the first time I fished with Larry besides Lake Mary was the lower yuba in Dec. 07. He didn't have an indicator but did, for some reason have a wine cork and cut that up and used as his indicator. I think he hooked a fish with that set up- and yes he had an old pair of running shoes he was wading in. Hard as hell!

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

Larry is the worlds most interseting man.

RossSF said...

Did he used to work at the Mountain Hardware fly shop? I saw him fighting a fish and drinking a tall can at the same time on the Little Truckee. He told me earlier at the shop that he doesn't go to the Little Truckee in the summer.


Followers