Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Sometimes You Just Have To Get Off The Mountain





We've had a rough month up here in Truckee. With a snow pack 220% of normal, we didn't see the sunshine too much. Yesterday, I headed down and hit up the Lower Yuba with my friend Keith and his buddy Tom. Anytime you get a chance to fish a river after it has come down, go. The Yuba was at 20,000 cubes during the storms, yesterday it was at 4,000 cubes. The clarity was just a few feet, but the fishing was good. It felt like Hawaii down there, it was super fun and sunny. Since Elliot couldn't go yesterday, I took her out today on the Truckee River over on the Nevada side. Though it's still a bit cold, the anchor ice is gone and the fishing is good. Though it ain't no Truckee (river) the Lower Yuba is bad ass, and a great river that could be compared against any western state river. Go fish it, the more friends a river has the more it will be protected. The top photo from the Yuba, and the bottom video from the Truckee.

4 comments:

Chris Scott said...

Jealous! Must be nice to know that nice weather is just a short drive down the hill. Did you get a new camera? I like the new blog look and videos. You are getting way too tech!

Josh "Chappy" Chaplin said...

Nice dude!!! I have the itch to fish, since my only connection has been tying flies for almost 3 months. Hopefully getting released from the doctor today; losing two ribs has been brutal, but atleast my gender reassignment is well on its way.
Were you at 20 Bridge? What was the fish treat for the day?

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

You know how it is Chris, feels like every morning you wake up and it's like sticking your head in the freezer, can't wait for Spring. Yes, I'm super tech now, I'm like the Bill Gates of bloggers. YO Chappy. I think Janet Jackson had a rib removed too, that's cool. Yes, 20 bridge, and that was well into the day near Sycamore.

Andy said...

I like the brand new weblog appear and videos. You are obtaining way as well tech!
Does anyone about to get andBuy Runescape Gold, does anyone have some good suggestions to get the fast and safecheap swtor credits, please tell me and thanks a lot who can help me.


Followers