Saturday, October 30, 2010

Montana.






Eleven different Mountain Ranges, broad plains, Griz, and endless rivers, that's Montana. I just got back from five days of fishing with my buddy Chris on some of the West's best Trout waters. The weather was nasty and everyone was out Elk hunting. We had the rivers all to ourselves. The Madison was great between the lakes and of course at Reynolds Pass. We took the boat up to the Mo, and if you've never been to the Missouri you need to go. Hard, and I mean hard fighting fish. Stop in at Craig and go to the Headhunters Fly Shop (More on them later). No BWOs on the Mo, but lots of strong fish. Chris got about a 7lb brown near dark and the next morning I had at least a 10lber on that I watched sail away with all my shit attached to him. We saw no one else fly fishing on our two days there! It was great to hang out with an old friend, drink good beer, eat shitty food, and of course catch fish.

3 comments:

Benny said...

Sounds really nice to be able to have a river all to yourself, awesome. That's a great looking brown.

Chris Scott said...

Glad you were able to make it out Matt, and glad the fishing was good and the weather was not too nasty. I am sure that brown will haunt you for awhile. See you in the spring.

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

Thanks again Chris... Had a great time. It's hard to come down from that high, such an amazing place. Gonna put the boat in today with my web dude, we'll see how we do. Tell Devun easy on the candy tonight.


Followers