Saturday, September 18, 2010

This Could be You.


Guess what happens when you cancel on your guide the night before a trip? He calls up his buddy and goes fishing. I had a chance to fish with my good friend Keith from Grass Valley yesterday who is also a guide on the Lower Yuba River. We had a fine day and lot's of big fish where hooked, but not landed by Keith. Good flies are rubber legged stones, micro mays, and small princes. I got a few fish to chase a streamer, but no big fish yet. Get up here this Fall and insert yourself in this photo.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice fish! The Truckee is a rewarding river; it's almost better that way. If I have the chance to buy a sage switch rod 7wt for half price, will it cover me for the Truckee? I have never used one before.
Thanks,
Ryan

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

Thanks dude..I use a 5wt for nymphing and a 6wt for swinging. I think a 7wt might be a tad to heavy, but you could use some real heavy nymph rigs and skagit heads on it. You should take a look at the lighter grain TFO switches, they are pretty sick.

Unknown said...

Appreciate the input.
Have a good fall.
Ryan

Frank R. Pisciotta said...

Matt----I hope you got a deposit on the cancellation...

da Dean


Followers