Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Opener


This weekend was the traditional opening of Trout season in California. We also had our fourth annual Fishmas Eve event on Friday night, raising money for our new Trout Unlimited Chapter in Truckee. I also saw lot's of folks on the water this weekend taking advantage of the awesome weather, but lot's shaking there heads wondering why they weren't catching fish. I heard a few stories of some nice Browns being bonked on the head and put on stringers, bummer. I guided, but no one could land some of the big fish we stuck the last few days. You know who you are Larry. We'll see what happens this week with the weather. To much rain will blow the river out, but it's bound to happen sometime. Today I landed the hardest fighting fish I can remember. Yes folks, there's fish in the Truckee.

4 comments:

Crazy Uncle Larry said...

There used to be hatches on this river!

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

Do you have those Choata laces? Everyday for like 2 years I heard that.

Chris Scott said...

Gettin a little wind on the Truckee today?

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

I was out casting my 00 weight.


Followers