Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Progression.


Fly fishing is a progression, there is always something new to learn about our sport. I learn more and more every year about Trout and how to catch them. Last year I taught John and Tina how to fly fish and since then they have progressed as fly fishers. Both Tina and John hooked and landed some nice fish on the Truckee River including this nice Rainbow in the photo. I'm back to wearing waders in the mornings as the water temps below Boca are great for this time of year and should remain good for the rest of the month. Fish are eating caddis pupa, crayfish, and rubber legged stones.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so amazed with how you described fly fishing. Well, let me just share these thoughts to you. My grandfather loves fly fishing, too. However, he noticed that there are rivers that are no longer conducive for this kind of sports.

Certainly, when an environment is dirty, spread of disease is inevitable. For this reason, river rehabilitation is needed. I hope this will not happen to Ogden River in Utah. When I heard the news that Gadi Leshem will be the consultant of the Ogden river rehabilitation project, I felt really happy. It's good news for me. I know he could help complete the rehabilitation project of Ogden river because he's a very talented, experienced and knowledgeable businessman and documentary film producer. Thanks for the interesting post, Matt!


Followers