Monday, August 30, 2010

An Early Taste of Fall.


The last few days we had our first cold front blow through leaving a dusting of snow high up on Mt Rose. Water temps on the Truckee River have lowered into the mid to high 50's. With overnight lows in the 30's, I think our Fall fishing is here. I know it's Fall when a Bear gets in my neighbors garage, which he did a few nights ago. I then heard a shotgun blast upon which the Bear got loaded with rubber shot. Get those streamers tied up and be ready, Fall ain't that far away. Got this guy yesterday just up from my house.

6 comments:

Crazy Uncle Larry said...

Fuck the Truckee. We're going to Montana soon.

Get them Animal Packs on ice and put a BBQ in that bright red Hyde Chris.

Chris Scott said...

I'm ready!! Hit up the Big Hole River this afternoon, wanted to fish dries and streamers but caught everything on nymphs. Slipped into the river around 3:00 in the afternoon after a work meeting in Butte, was greeted by a big Baldy in a cottonwood and two cow moose in the river. To quote Ice Cub, I gotta say today was a good day!

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

Montana is over rated, it's like fishing in Nebraska or something. That was just an old dairy cow you saw in the river Chris.

Crazy Uncle Larry said...

Ice Cub is a pimp.

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

Ice Cub is like a cub bear 50 Cent.

Crazy Uncle Larry said...

I propose the Big Horn. And Slough Creek this time. I know Gil wants to fish the upper Missouri, I'm down too.
Where are you thinking, Chris? Poach the Smith?


Followers