Sunday, July 25, 2010

A Little Afternoon Session.




Keith Westra stopped by for a visit yesterday on his way to do some carp'n down in the desert. After an evening t-storm and a few to many beers Keith talked me into going fishing. We headed down in the canyon from my house and took the game trail down into the canyon. I mostly watched and drank beer while Keith worked his rod like a true artist, poetry in motion. We probably should have just stayed and drank beers on the deck, but to get to see such an artist only happens every so often. Keith thought he hooked a couple, while I hooked a buzz and watched the sunset. Afternoon t-storms are for casted for a few more days and should help the fishing.

3 comments:

Frank R. Pisciotta said...

Ventured into the canyon via the verbotem way Saturday AM. I noticed you were up at Walter's Bend with clients. I was surprised to see four anglers fly fishing below the bridge now known as "Matt's Pool".

A very strong/big Brown was hooked and lost in a flash...crawdad pattern.

On way out I saw Gonzo's pick-up and was tempted to invite myself to your place....

Today da Don said that Gonzo called and invited him to come-over. I am dismayed, befuddled & my feelings have been hurt since I wasn't invited. I would have enjoyed tipping a refreshment and catching-up with Keith & Gonzo...plus Rachle, Elliot and of course you...da Sheriff...

Da Dean

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

I had no idea, next time just drop by. Larry drinks all my beer so you might as well to.The big pool is called gapers corner.

Crazy Uncle Larry said...

Sorry Frank, you're always invited. Gonzo will drink all beer in his path.


Followers