Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Some More Spring Fun



The fishing has been pretty good already this Spring. I took out David from Reno today and for his very first time nymphing he did really well. That's right, I took David to the dark side. It's great when you teach someone that picks up on it only after a few tries. Stack mending, high sticking, and dead drifting. David is a real natural. He had the raddest tackle box of his Dads full of pristine old school flies, one of the coolest collections I've seen. Daivd don't fish those flies and hang that old Hardy St. George on the wall.

5 comments:

Mickey Cutler said...

Nymphing is such a concentration rush. Especially on that subtle take. It seemes to get to that point where just a subtle difference in the presentation and drift not only produce a hook up but also the confident feeling prior to the hook up. Awesome stuff.

Mickey Cutler said...

I almost forgot, Matt are you going to offer any switch rod classes this season? That's got me interested. Thanks
Mic

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

Yes, not sure when, but you can always email me and we can go out for few hours.

Fat Man Fly Fishing said...

Dude, That river looks so Badass!!
I never knew going to lake tahoe that it even existed.

Unknown said...

looks like he pick up the 2 fish in the same spot?


Followers