Friday, March 5, 2010

Hell yeah!


Today I took out Vince from the D.C area for a guided Winter session on the Truckee. Vince could fish so I knew we would get a little action. Though the morning air temp was in the single digits down here in the Hirsch it warmed up and we lay'ed into them. We hooked a ton of fish, landed to many Whitefish to count, caught fish on dries, and landed the biggest Rainbow I've seen in a while. I won't tell you what this big male ate, but he was one of the prettiest Bows I've seen in a long time. A lot of people I meet and talk to think all the big fish are in Nevada, but since they put in the special regs a few years back these big boys are returning back on the Ca side.

8 comments:

Lazy Lopez said...

Beauty!

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

That's the biggest one since that one you caught last Summer. Sure the Browns get big, but the Bows, come on...

Vince Crisler said...

Thanks again Matt! It was an awesome time out there today...will definitely be back!

Frank R. Pisciotta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frank R. Pisciotta said...

Matt---great RB!...you da man!.

I'm now an offical follower. In the past I didn't sign-on because I wasn't sure how to put-up my image. I believe it is there now...although I may change it to my 'FPE" avatar (Frankie Pisciotta Experience). Stay tuned; you'll like it...it adds to my character.

Uncle Frank

Frank R. Pisciotta said...

...the post removed above was mine...I'm so techno-challenged.

Uncle Frank

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

But your're Cyberfly? Isn't that like being Bill Gates?

Frank R. Pisciotta said...

Yes...CyberFly!! is my main nom da plume. But you know the one that really thrills me.....'Gary'.

Uncle Frank


Followers