Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Low and cold, burrrrrr...


I have been so busy I haven't fished the Truckee since the flows have come down. We bought a house up the street(Still in Hirschdale) and I've been putting in a hardwood floor. Elliot loves the new house, but is a little bummed her fishing time is getting cut into. I took a little break today and we walked down to the river. It feels like Winter up here with this cold front, needless to say fish are in slower deeper water, and heads of runs. Should be easy for folks as it's not hard to distinguish such water now.

5 comments:

Idaho Fisherman 29 said...

What is considered deep in the Truckee River? Three feet?

The Dark Seam said...

i have all this week to fish. lets do some floats and talk about next week if you still want to go. there is one spot open still but could fill up fast. so just let me know

Frank R. Pisciotta said...

Matt----You're right-on about no group-fishing during the week...for sure less people...and no dispalys of rude stream ettiquete. For sure you and Big Fly fish the canyon to the state-line lots more than I...although I venture there occassionally.

So, I'm deferring to you're reports in that area; it your turf...literally (congrats on the house!...when is the house-warming party?). Per our last social gathering & conversation at da Don's place; the LT and the more gentle waters above the Boca inflow to Lake Tahoe are more suited to me...being old & grey.

...one of the 3D's; da Dean

aka "Gary"

PS...I referred someone to you last night (October 30 for today, the 31st...also to BigFly). Any connection?

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

Hey Frank, He did call, however we were moving that day. I told him to go into Mountain Hardware and have Steve hook him up with flies, and a map, thanks!

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

Keith, Trinity for sure next week....The wife gave me the o.k.


Followers