Friday, September 11, 2009

They're here....






The big browns of Fall are here. Get up here and fish the Truckee now. You got until mid November for excellent fishing. Went out with Giggles from Mountain Hardware and we both did well. I hooked the brown in the photo off a far bank with a dry dropper rig on my Switch, fish took a sz#10 red copper john. Giggles also hooked a very big brown and lost him about 50 yards up from where I hooked my fish. We both hooked and landed multiple fish today.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you use straight line nymphing or more indicator style. I try and use both, but some of those runs are pretty deep to guess with an indicator. Also, do you find more fish in slicks and seams than the runs? I hit a really nice run down stream of the Hirshdale bridge, but only had one hit; figured I was doing something wrong. I did take two fish right under the bridge on a birds nest though.
Ryan

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

I was actually using a dry droper rig. Funny, most big fish are usually in shallower water. I do use an indo a lot and get down deep, but most of the big guys seam to bo along banks in skinny water...A dry dropper rig is great, also streamers work great for those types of water.peace


Followers