Friday, March 4, 2011

People Ask Me All The Time..

Untitled from Gilligans Guide Service on Vimeo.


People ask me all the time which fly is your favorite, you know, if you had one fly which one would you use on the Truckee? Well, all the flies I have in my boxes will work at certain times. If fish are munching on caddis pupae like they do all summer then I'll fish a caddis pupa, and so on and so forth. Usually though, my dropper fly is almost always my black baetis in sz #18 or #16. Fish feed on baetis nymphs daily. There are baetis hatches mid-day just about all year long. That fly catches 70% of my fish, hands down. Big ones, little ones, it doesn't matter. My baetis nymph will be available at finer Nor Cal fly shops this spring. It's dark with a tungsten bead and shiny wing case, just like the naturals. This rainbow today liked it in a sz #16.

5 comments:

Motorsport Tech said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crazy Uncle Larry said...

I like the Pube Fly.

Chris Scott said...

I think I might be lazier than Matt, I leave out the hackle legs and just brush out the dubbing more on that fly. Although, I still have shoes with laces, no slip ons yet.

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

Once you get shoes with no laces women will slowly undress for you my friend.

Crazy Uncle Larry said...

No one is lazier than Matt. No one.


Followers