Friday, March 11, 2011

Larry, Again

Untitled from Gilligans Guide Service on Vimeo.


Untitled from Gilligans Guide Service on Vimeo.




Oh, it's Larry again, you know the dude that makes a mean sandwich. He came up and fished today with me down on the Nevada side. The river rose over a hundred cubes overnight and had muddied up a bit. Needless to say we had a tough morning. After a break and an LOG sandwich we managed to find a few fish despite the conditions, mainly the wind. I did manage to bum an original Cal Bird fly off him. Cal Bird was from Verdi Nevada and is the man that came up with the Birds Nest. He fished the Truckee long before me and it just happens that Larry was friends with him. You don't know how stoked I am to have that fly. That fly will be in a shadow box hanging in the living room looking over the river that Cal used to fish. These videos are from today of a nice male rainbow in full spawning regalia. The fly is a Truckee River Coachman from the man himself.

4 comments:

rm said...

THATS RAD, I LOVE THAT KIND OF STUFF.

Ryan said...

Amazing colors on that fish!

Matt "Gilligan" Koles said...

Yeah, really pretty fish.

Todd said...

Thanks for bringing me back to the Truckee area. Lot's of great memories there for me. Some I even remember!


Followers