Friday, May 15, 2009

Friday May 15th, 2009




Old "Sawmill" Joe and I did a float through what we call the "Miracle Mile" today. This certain stretch of river has produced a lot of nice fish for us over the years including Joe's 25" inch brown he caught a few Springs ago on a Skawalla dry. Today Joe hooked a nice brown well over 18" on a March Brown dry, but just couldn't turn him in the heavy water. We both had some descent hookups, I landed a nice brown on a M.B. nymph. The funny thing was Joe had three fish come and eat his indicator, one fish four times! These were not small fish either. We switched to a big dry, but I guess we needed trapped air technology flies. This whole week has been great on the river. I'm still thinking of the one I lost on Monday. What a great day with a great friend.

No comments:


Followers