Thursday, August 19, 2010

What do I do!!!


What do I do! is the first thing I hear people yell out when they get a big fish on. When you get a big Truckee River fish on it feels like a wild Steelhead racing against the weight of all the current. These fish fight hard and most people have never had a freight train attached to the end of their fly line. Like I've been saying for the last month turn their head and keep them out of the current and you have a chance. I taught Andrew how to fly fish a few years ago and today he got a nice Brown that got his heart going. This photo was taken with an I Phone since I blundered the camera again. Fishing is good, and the bigger stonefly pattern you got the better.

1 comment:

Frank R. Pisciotta said...

da Sheriff---"...turn their head & keep them out of the current" is good advice.

You are presuming (...especially if they are relatively new fly anglers)that the angler does not instinctively do a "Death Grip".

for a reference of such please re-visit my July 20 post on my blog www.flyfishingcalifornia.blogspot.com entitled "DEFINITION---Death Grip"

da Dean


Followers